WebWasher Ad Blocker?

I installed WebWasher with the impression that blocked banners ads and anoying scripts that run on web pages. I am using the Google popup blocker and it works fine. However, I can still see frames with ads that are very distracting even though WebWasher seems to be running perfectly. Are there particular settings that need to be made. I am not very familiar with the terminology that is being presented to me on the WebWasher program page. Under Proxy Engine I have Client checked. Under Standard Filter, I have all checked except Popup Blocker (which is covered by Google). Under privacy I have nothing checked as I have another cookie program working with that. Does WebWasher really cut out Advertisements a la Norton Internet Firewall (which I have had too many problems with) where under the word "Advertisement" on a page, nothing but whitespace appears. If not, what is the program of choice (preferably freeware) that I might use to accomplish this. Thank you for any help with this.

Reply to
Edward Westin
Loading thread data ...

I'm using WebWasher too, works fine :-)

Have you tried manually adding the sources of the banner ads to the filter list?

Set your browser so that it checks http://127.0.0.1:8080/proxyconf for the proxy configuration... other than that, try adding the sites of the banner ads (Doubleclick.com etc.) to the URL-Filter list.

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Check out this site:

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Bradshaw

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.