trigger port & public port?

hi

i want to know want to know what is trigger port & public port, what does it means while configuring firewall.. also how to use it to configure hole in firewall for port forwarding on router... & how it works..

yours krunal

Reply to
jariwalakrunal
Loading thread data ...

sorry, i also want to know what is private port & what is public port & how it can be used to configure firewall.. thank you krunal

Reply to
jariwalakrunal

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1130997661.927977.179390 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Google is your friend.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1130997661.927977.179390 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Tigger ports are bound to a client IP address when a specific port is accessed by the client machine. i.e. I open up FTP (port 21), ports 20 will be opened to me automatically.

Public Ports are staticially mapped ports - they're mapped to a specific client machine (i.e. FTP server) and remain in place all the time.

Port Triggers are dynamic while Public Ports are static.

Reply to
Spam Catcher

thank you stan kee for your explanations..

can you tell me the internet resources, from where i can learn regarding setting up of network & its security..

thanks krunal

Reply to
jariwalakrunal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.