sidewinder log file location

Hi,

I am the new one on Sidewinder firewall and have some problems.We use Sidewinder G2 firewall between internet and LAN. I can' t find location where are logs about situation when someone from internet trys to reach some services (pr http request). I am also interesed where are logs about users and which web pages they visit. Firewall is on free BSD.

Thanks

Reply to
Veritas
Loading thread data ...

A sidewinder G2 firewall is pretty much useless without a maintenance contract, if you do have a contract, you can always ask these questions of their (very helpful) customer support desk.

The commands you are looking for are Sidewinder-specific and are covered in detail in the manuals, e.g. "acat" and "showaudit".

Unfortunately the standard HTTP proxy included with Sidewinder does not (yet, we've asked for this as an enhancement) record useful event data about users and which web pages they visit. For that, you need to either switch to the Webcache (a version of Squid, deprecated and soon to be removed from Sidewinder G2) or license and use the Smartfilter and SmartReporter add-on packages.

While Sidewinder is built on a variant of BSD called "SecureOS", the product is quite unlike FreeBSD or any other open-source BSD.

It may be best to think of the G2 as a black box appliance, as you can't do much with the underlying BSD, at least not if you want support ;-)

Kevin Kadow

-- Moderator, unofficial Sidewinder Users group

formatting link

Reply to
KKadow

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.