1131 APs and multple floors

I have a building that has 4 floors with multiple access points per floor for coverage. The problem that I am having is that a user on the 4th floor for example with authenticate and connect to an AP on the 1st floor, even though there is an access point about 20 feet away from the computer.

If there are 4 access points within reach of a specific user, I see the logs in IAS where they continually connect to all of them instead of staying connected to a single radio. These users are not roaming either, they are stationary.

Reply to
Harkin
Loading thread data ...

~ I have a building that has 4 floors with multiple access points per floor ~ for coverage. The problem that I am having is that a user on the 4th floor ~ for example with authenticate and connect to an AP on the 1st floor, even ~ though there is an access point about 20 feet away from the computer.

Then you must not have lead panels installed between your floors.

If you have excessive RF coverage, then you might want to turn your APs' transmit power down, and disable the lower rates. As an example, you can look at the recommendations for 7920 phones:

formatting link
~ If there are 4 access points within reach of a specific user, I see the logs ~ in IAS where they continually connect to all of them instead of staying ~ connected to a single radio. These users are not roaming either, they are ~ stationary.

Yes, that sounds like normal behavior.

Do you experience a problem?

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.