Server 2003 Firewall like IPtables?

Hello, hope everyone is doing well. What is the closest thing to an IPtables-type firewall for windows server 2003? I've tried two so far (Kerio & Tiny firewall) and all I'm looking for is a plain firewall. These other products are great but with undesirable bloat. Thanx in advance.

ps. I use webmin to config the firewall in linux, so any interface close to that would be great.

Reply to
Willie Buck Merle
Loading thread data ...

What about ?

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

thanks for the quick response. Looks very beta on first impression :)

Reply to
Willie Buck Merle

Well, it works quite well and absolutely stable. Using the ZShell for Windows you can easily port about any IPFW1 script from a BSD machine, as long as no packet generation/modification rules are used.

The major problem is that any user can modify the ruleset :-(, but on single-user machines or with competent users that shouldn't matter.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

If this is just a test or development machine that is not exposed to the Internet or has no useful information, then a firewall application running on a non-dedicated server may be of some use.

If this is a production box, hooked to the Internet, with data of worth, then don't trust any application running on the box to protect it.

Get a firewall appliance, not a NAT box, to protect it, or setup a dedicated firewall server on a hardened OS.

Reply to
Leythos

formatting link
Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.