SBS 2003 and WatchGuard

What is the best way to allow remote administrative access to Windows Small Business Server 2003 using a Firboxe Edge firewall?

The Firebox is being the DHCP for the network. But the server has a static interal IP.

The internet connection is a DSL dynamic ip.

Thanks

Dwight

Reply to
Dwight
Loading thread data ...

I have about 50 2003 servers behind Firebox units, not the Edge, but I do a VPN (PPTP) into the firebox and then a rule to provide full access to all subnets once auth to the firebox - works like a champ.

Reply to
Leythos

Use remote web workplace. You need to open 443 and 4125 to the server.

Why??? Much better to use the DHCP in the SBS in my opinion.

As it should.

Not good. Either get a static or use DynDns

Reply to
Mike

In watchguard is port 443 and 4125 one of the predefined settings, or should I put these ports in manually?

THanks

Reply to
Dwight

So, you are setting up a standard VPN from a destop to the firebox? To see the server console, what do you run, remote desktop?

Thanks

Reply to
Dwight

443 is HTTPS which is predefined. I just created a new rule for 4125 and called it RemoteWebWorkplace
Reply to
Mike

It's hard to tell who you're asking since you don't properly quote the message you're replying too:

I use a XP (or other) PPTP VPN connection to the Firebox unit itself, then rules that allow the PPTP_User (not the PPTP_Users group) access to the internal network segments it needs). I do not use RD at all, it's a problem when you have 4 admins trying to do something and one forgets to close the session before exiting. I use VNC 4 on all my servers and only allow access to it from internal addresses.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.