Remote Connection Service trying outgoing connect.

I'm running NT 4.0 on a home machine and connect to the Inet via modem. I religiously update my Norton Anti-Virus every week. I have been running Zone Alarm 5.1 for a couple of weeks and it seems to be working fine. I recently ran Spybot Search and Destroy and it said my system is clean.

But, I notice that every time I connect to the Inet, Zone Alarm tells me that my Remote Connection Service (rasman.exe) tries to make an outgoing connection and it blocks it. I have set Program Control to not allow such connections from that program. I have no remote connections of any kind that I know of, i.e. no way anyone can log in and use my machine.

My question is why is my Remote Connection Service trying to do this? Is there some acceptable reason for it? Could this mean I have been hacked?

Thanks,

Billy

Reply to
Billy Smith
Loading thread data ...

"Billy Smith" wrote in news:GMVld.22640$IQ.1949 @bignews6.bellsouth.net:

Anything is possible.

You can use the tools in the link and look around for yourself instead having ZA tell you what's happening on the machine.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.