Random webpage blocking

So, I've got a particularly nasty problem. For some reason, webpages are being blocked, with seemingly no rhyme or reason. I uninstalled IE and installed firefox to try and get it to work, but that still doesn't do anything. THe only thing I've been able to see is that if the website takes a little while to find, the connectiosn is refused and the browser tells me that the site can't be found.

I've disabled EVERYTHING!!!! No firewall, no spyware, no authentication, and no services in the network connections (Local Area Connection 1 - factory installed).

The really wierd thing is that it's only happening for some websites, and I've tried two browser's now, but it's not working for either.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!!!

Reply to
arenatr
Loading thread data ...

Yes, there is a router involved. But whta's weird is that the other computers on the network show no signs of this problem. What is the significance of that?

Reply to
arenatr

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news:1114289185.505131.290720 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Is there a router involved?

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Start by using this site.

formatting link
the direct download link on that site. Save a log file and use that site to analyze it. Does it find anything wrong? What operating system or what version of Windows are you using?

Does this site find a proxy?

formatting link
Jason

Reply to
Jason Edwards

In article , wrote: :So, I've got a particularly nasty problem. For some reason, webpages :are being blocked, with seemingly no rhyme or reason.

Could you be having an MTU problem? Are you on DSL or going through a VPN?

Reply to
Walter Roberson

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news:1114311297.955561.274030 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

For whatever reason, the firmware on the router is involved with this issue of some websites being accessible and some are not by computers behind the router. Usually, the fix for this issue is to re-flash the router with the current version of the firmware the router is using or a later version of the firmware. The re-flash usually fixes the problem on posts with similar problems you're having that I have seen.

If you decide to re-flash the router, I hope it resolves your issues with your situation.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

sounds as if this is likely being caused by the ongoing issues with the comcast DNS servers that everyone was talking about on DSLREPORTS.COM.

Reply to
T. Sean Weintz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.