Question about port forwarding in windows

Hello,

I am looking for a way to forward ports on my windows box and I would like to know if there excists any particular software to do this (or does windows itself conclude any tools)?

I am using Zonealarm and Symantec Client Firewall.

Reply to
LoCusF
Loading thread data ...

LoCusF wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@locusfmachina.dyndns.org:

Then you're going to have to set rules on those personal FW solutions to open the required inbound ports. There is no port forwarding in those solutions as those solutions are running on the machine at the machine level and there is nothing to forward ports too. The Windows O/S, unless you're using XP's FW or IPsec that's on the O/S and those solutions as well would have to have rules set to open the required ports for inbound, has nothing to do with port forwarding ports to an IP/machine that needs the ports open. That would be in the case of a NAT router, FW appliance or network host based FW running on a gateway computer in a LAN situation being used where port forwarding would be done.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.