Proxy

I connect internet via a proxy server. I use a username and a password to connect to the internet. I cant download anything i cant even chat using msn or yahoo messenger. i dont even have access to some webite also.

please how can i get full access to the internet and access to chat.

Thanks for any reply

Reply to
satnai
Loading thread data ...

First, you need to describe your environment more. Where are you trying this at home at work? What equipment are you using? How are you connecting to the "Internet" Dialup? Cable Modem? The more info you give the better the chance that someone can help you...

Michael

Reply to
Michael J. Pelletier

Im talking about my office. we connect internet using broadband wireless connection.

there are about 500 client on the network we all connect to internet via the proxy server which we need to enter our username and password to access the net.

The proxy server are confugure using linux. i'n not sure if gentoo or redhat.

Reply to
satnai

Reading your posts you probably have a Linux machine running a Squid proxy, and the administrator has put ACL to deny you the use of MSN or Yahoo. It's a very common configuration, because this programs use port 80 to tunnel the traffic to avoid firewalls.

So you can't use those programs because your net administrator don't let you use them, and maybe you have a network policy so you can't use them.

Regards.

Reply to
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez

Is there any software that i can use that can bypass the firewall. i heard about Hopster i have use it and it works. but now it has been block on the network. is there any other free software i can use.

Thanks for reply.

Reply to
satnai

Yes, there's software to tunnel traffic even with ICMP packets. Just google a bit.

Regards.

Reply to
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.