Printing from Optional port WatchGuard Firewall

I'm sorry. That was alot of details about my network i did not want to disclose. I mentioned systems on optional network could ping systems on trusted network & vise verse. I am going to try static IP on printer & see if it helps..

Reply to
Joschi
Loading thread data ...

As I suspected, manually setting the printer did not help

Reply to
Joschi

None of the information I asked for would compromise your network, and it's fully available to anyone inside your network.

If you don't want help in fixing this, don't give the information.

Reply to
Leythos

Those last statements are true only if you want those devices to be able to communicate into other zones (incuding internet) via the firebox. I frequently don't program GWs on attached devices that don't need such communication.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

If you read back through, he's trying to talk across interfaces (LAN/DMZ).

Reply to
Leythos

Agreed, and I told him twice that he needed to add a GW to his printer. :-) I just don't think one should *always* do that. Especially with newer devices, that have increasing capabilities on the internet, one never knows what sort of vulnerabilites might pop up.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

I agree, and I don't do it when I setup a network, but I also don't put devices like printers/workstations in a DMZ/LAN that have to be accessed from the other network. Sure sounds like a bad design from this side of the screen :)

Printers are cheap, you don't need to open a gaping hole in the protection for them.

Reply to
Leythos

Yes. I don't like it either. It was to be temporary. However, I will wait till the new server behind the firewall is ready then role out the new reporting tools.

Thank you Leythos & Russ Best regards, Joschi

Reply to
Joschi

If you had just provided the details, you would not have to wait, and you would have it working already. The details I asked for would not have compromised your network.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.