Possible to block html POST?

Is it possible for a firewall to block an html POST? I've got an html form in use at a client site(s) and some of the users are claiming that when they click the Submit button "nothing happens"; i.e., they don't get the expected confirmation page, nor do they get any kind of error message. The url is pointing to a server web app and most of the time there is no problem.

The clients are remote and not able to provide me much information as to the details of the failure. At this point I'm just grasping at straws trying to figure out *possible* scenarios that might lead to those symptoms. So, can a firewall do this? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance, Bill

Reply to
Bill Cohagan
Loading thread data ...

Depending on the firewall it could block any type of scripting and ActiveX controls - Mine is setup that way.

Reply to
Leythos

Pure HTML forms require neither scripting nor ActiveX and should not be affected by either firewall or browser restrictions. However, many people use scripting to manupulate their forms, and these would fail if scripting is disabled. So, like so many things, it depends...:-)

Reply to
"Crash" Dummy

Bad.

A proxy can be configured to do that.

A proxy (application-level gateway) can, a packet-filter usually can't.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.