PIX 501 Configuration Help

I have a PIX 501 and my ISP just assigned me an additional block of IP's. I have the router being managed by SBC. My question is how do I

configure multiple IP addresses under 1 physical interface. I know that I can only have 1 IP applied to a physical interface in a 501, but

I thought about assigning an IP under a VLAN? Before I config it I wanted to get some feedback and see what anyone else thought.

I also am having another problem! I cant access the PIX via PDM. I followed the CISCO PDM trouble shooting tips and none worked. What happens is I open the browser in https and then it asks me to approve this secure connection I press YES. Then it asks for password and I put it in. Proceeding that it acts like it is loading then a JAVA password needed box comes up and I put in the password again and after that it just sits and loads and at the bottom of the browser it says access denied.

I would appriciate anyones premier advice on these areas.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
dbosco
Loading thread data ...

I forgot to mention Core Force, a free Windows security project based on OpenBSD's pf et al:

formatting link
You could also use Firewall Builder with the Win32 port of ipfw.

-Gary

Reply to
Walter Roberson

I was able to get it to work. I had Beel route the IP to my primary int on the firewall, then had to enter a route command into the firewall to accept that IP address.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.