PHP Linux checkpoint FW - please help

Hello, kinda desperate here. I run more linux boxes with apache + PHP + Mysql. It does not mater which version php or mysql or apache, I have the same problem. After network guy updated (patched) his Checkpoint firewall, applications stop working. For example if his clients connect through checkpoint firewal to my linux box located in my firewal DMZ they get "this document contains no data" in FF or "action canceled" in IE.(for example, if I try to insert data into table with (last version) phpmyadmin. If i connect from some other firms, everything is ok. Any hints, help? Thank You, Tinko p.s.:

client --- CheckpointFW-------MyFW-----DMZ---linuxbox

Reply to
Tinko
Loading thread data ...

Checkpoint offers Application Level Proxies (called secure servers) for several protocols. In this case the http secure server seems to have a bug.

Not everyone uses Checkpoint and not everyone, who uses Checkpoint uses the 'secure servers'. I regard CP as a powerful and fine stateful packet filter, nothing more, nothing less.

He may be right. But if he is, he should be able to explain the 'security issue' in detail. If he can't, he has no clue. From what you write, I'd assume that he has no clue and to hide his lack of knowledge from you he claims the problem to be 'a security issue' and hopes that no further questions will be asked.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.