Opening a specific TCP port on a Netscreen 5XT

Hi,

A friend gave me a Netscreen 5XT with the latest firmware I guess(5.2.0r1.0).

He configured it to work on my home network, but I need to open an additional TCP port and don't know how to do it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve
Loading thread data ...

Nobody can help me?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I'm not using Netscreens, but

formatting link
leads me to

formatting link
Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

After waiting a grand total of about 16 hours on a weekend for your answer before complaining I'm inclined to tell you to RTM like Volker did.

But I'll help you.

1. Objects/Services create a new Custom service for the port and protocol you want, source is 0-65535, destination is the port in question.
  2. Network/Interfaces edit the Untrust, click on VIP (at the top)
  3. Create a new VIP instance on your untrust IP.
  4. Create a new VIP service specifying the internal IP of the destination and the port you used to make the custom service.
  5. Policies: create a new policy from untrust to trust, source any, destination is the VIP service you created in step 4, service is the custom service you created in step 1.

Log into your support page and download the Concepts and Examples Guide and look in their next time before posting to the entire world, ok?

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.