Netscreen 25 Help

Hello, I currently have a new Netscreen 25 firewall and I am having trouble with incoming connections, I am replacing a pix firewall and I currently have them set up in parallel since I can't get inbound connections on the netscreen.

I have 2 policies set up for testing one from trust to untrust allowing any traffic out and one inbound with the same just until I can figure out why I am not getting inbound traffic, but I was wondering if someone who is familiar with netscreen firewalls could posibly help or tell me some things to check

thanks

Reply to
Adonis Latham
Loading thread data ...

I see in my crystal ball that you use a public, routable IP on the external (WAN, untrusted) Interface and a private IP (non-routable, RfC 1918) on the internal (LAN, trusted) interface. Correct? So you'll need NAT for the traffic from LAN to WAN and NAT/Portforwarding from WAN to LAN.

I'd recommend RTFM

After about 2 minutes on the netscreen site I found:

formatting link
Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

formatting link
and about a minute later I found:

formatting link
Which gives an access to the documentaion of all versionof ScreenOS

Address translation is described in Chapter 8 of the manual:

ScreenOS 5.4

formatting link
ScreenOS 6.0
formatting link
ScreenOS 6.1
formatting link
So may I kndly ask to read those documents and if you still have a problem please describe your setup and what you tried in detail reffering to the documentaion.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.