NAT Device Configuration

I decided to put in a NAT device to add extra security for my SBS2000 network with ISA. I have two nic cards installed in the server, the public nic using a static ip and the private nic using 10.0.0.2. I installed a Network Everywhere NR041 Cable/DSL router between my server and my DSL modem, set it in router mode, and assigned the WAN ip the ip I was using for my public nic on the server. I then changed the server public nic to 172.16.1.2 and set the Cable/DSL router LAN ip to

So...

Internet-->DSL Modem-->Cable/DSL Router-->Server-->LAN

Router: Lan-172.16.1.1 ; Wan-***.***.***.*** ; DHCP Disabled Server: Private-10.0.0.2 ; Public(connected to router)-172.16.1.2

After making the changes I try to run ICW and while ICW is configuring Exchange server I keep getting the message: "The Internet Connection Wizard was interrupted because of an error or user intervention".... The fact that I have two non-routable ips assigned to my server nics didn't seem right to me.

Before I start tearing into the icwlog.txt file can anyone tell me if the router and server setup looks ok?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin G

Reply to
keving98
Loading thread data ...

This may help

formatting link
Jason

Reply to
Jason Edwards

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.