Multi Layer Security

Up until the latest Direcway firmware upgrade, I was able to use the minimally built-in firewall on the Direcway DW6000 (port blocking) and the Linksys BEFSX41 in series ISP > DW6000 > BEFSX41 > rest of network. The DW firware upgrade has now disabled the firewall portion, leaving me with only one layer. I felt more secure with my multi-layer setup, right or wrongly, now that I am left with theorectically only one layer. Is there justification for installing another component firewall or NAT device into the existing configuration to replace what was lost from the DW? Any hardware recommendations for this, not intending to use ZA or Norton on each workstation?

Thanks.

Reply to
box2003
Loading thread data ...

"box2003" wrote in news:om5xd.3962$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

I use a WatchGuard Firebox SOHO 6 appliance that has a true FW and meets the specs in the link for a FW. I don't use any other layers as they are not needed.

formatting link
formatting link
has them at a good price.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.