Most respectful firewall

...by that I mean it uninstalls as well as it installs, leaving no registry entries, etc. behind. Comodo FAILS to do this. ZoneAlarm conflicted with my system. Please, and answer for a polite firewall? :-)

Reply to
John
Loading thread data ...

The Windows Firewall?

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Well, yes I guess, if it's what you mean by a firewall. Anyone else??

Reply to
John

Comodo and ZoneAlarm aren't really firewalls either - so your point being?

Reply to
Root Kit

I fear, anti-virus programs are a vale of tears themselves.

In contrast to "Personal Firewalls" one can do sensible things with them, but most people don't. And the vendors don't do so in default configuration.

Additionally, people are misunderstanding, because of false advertizing.

Hey, didn't know it. Looks good. Did anyone test the results?

No Free Software, but freeware, and that could be enough, if the results are correct.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Yes, works fine (on W2K and XP).

Reply to
Root Kit

I mean, did you connect to a second box directly, and run nmap?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

You can check out the last freeware version of Tiny Personal Firewall. It does its job and is very non-intrusive. You can find a link to it (along with a truckload of other information) at this website:

formatting link
Go to the firewalls section. I think they might also have a link to a manual configuration if you're so inclined.

Reply to
G

Try Core Force

formatting link
it's based on a port of the PF 'engine' that BSD uses. The PF system is also used on hardware devices like Nokia Firewalls so it's pretty good.

I've used it in the past and liked it but I run Linux at home now so IPTables is my defence of choice, and SELinux of course.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.