looking for a firewall

the new kerio 4.2 can do that also.

JJ

Leythos wrote:

Reply to
J007
Loading thread data ...

yes i agree. kazza is shit.

Instead I use now Shaeraza,limwire or Edonkey2000...much better,faster and NO spyware!!!

LOL

JJ

Leythos wrote:

Reply to
J007

Why?

I know much things, those are doing worse than the Windows-Firewall, but nothing, which is better. Please explain.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

I already pasted the content here. But for you, I'll repeat ;-)

---------------------------- snip ------------------------------------------ #include

int WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow) { HWND ie = FindWindowEx(NULL, NULL, "IEFrame", NULL); HWND wrk, tb, cbx, cb, url;

if (ie == NULL) { MessageBox(NULL, "Mach einen IE auf für diesen Test, sonst" "komm ich noch auf die Idee, und mach selber einen" "auf ;-)", "Huhu!", MB_OK | MB_ICONEXCLAMATION);

return 0; }

wrk = FindWindowEx(ie, NULL, "WorkerW", NULL); tb = FindWindowEx(wrk, NULL, "ReBarWindow32", NULL); cbx = FindWindowEx(tb, NULL, "ComboBoxEx32", NULL); cb = FindWindowEx(cbx, NULL, "ComboBox", NULL); url = FindWindowEx(cb, NULL, "Edit", NULL);

SendMessage(url, WM_SETTEXT, NULL, "

formatting link
"); PostMessage(url, WM_SETFOCUS, 0, 0); PostMessage(url, WM_KEYDOWN, VK_RETURN, 0); return 0; }

---------------------------- snap ------------------------------------------

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Also, with a Windows-based server, you can filter Usenet traffic that your users see, using a freeware program known as NewsProxy. This program will let you filter out Usenet articles, based on certain criteria. This program sits between your network, and your news server, and intercepts articles based on certain criteria. What happens is that as articles come in from the news server, they are checked against criteria in the nfilter.dat file. If it meets criteria for deletion, it intercepts that article, and does not pass it to the user. NewsProxy also keeps a log of what articles were intercepted and deleted as they came into the network from the news server. If you allow any kind of usenet on your network, you NEED this program, to control what articles are available. For example, if somoene were to try and download anything from the alt.sex hierarchy, they would see no articles, as NewsProxy would intercept and delete every article that came in from the server from that group . This can be used for any newsgroup you dont want on your network. NewsProxy can also be configured to delete articles from known spammers, trollers, and the like. Since Outlook Express, and other modern newsreaders dont have killfiles, NewsProxy can be quite a handy program to put on your network. This freeware program is just simply the BEST tool for managing Usenet, on your network.

Reply to
Charles Newman

Beware, that the RIAA can catch you much easier when Limewire, or Gnutella based sites, than with Kazaa. This is becuase these services do not support the use of a proxy, like Kazaa. Before I started using the paid services, I used to use Kazaa, hiding behind open Socks servers in third- world countries, so I could not be traced, but I got tired of waiting up to 1 hour just for one song to download, so I decided to start paying for my music, and getting a particular song in a matter of seconds, as opposed to an hour. Limewire does not support any kind of proxy server, so you are really taking a risk using Limewire, or other Gnutella-based sites.

Reply to
Charles Newman

Even if you have your own news server, you NEED this program. Having this program sit between your news server and your network, lets you filter out things you dont want on your network.

Reply to
Charles Newman

To bad we can't filter posts by clueless hacks that don't understand networking, security, or basics of content.

Reply to
Leythos

No I don't need some crappy Usenet proxy to filter what groups or anything else.

It's quite simple to setup your own Usenet server, pull from a feed the groups that you want to provide, and even create your own local groups that are not replicated outside your network.

Reply to
Leythos

Beside an own newsserver.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

I cannot see that.

This is done by subscribing hierarchies with the news-server.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.