LAN isolation

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, or if what I am asking seems naive!

We have a situation where we have a customer who wants to use the software available at

formatting link

They have a firewall which allows traffic in on port 443 (SSL port logmein uses) - We cannot get access to this firewall, but as an extra security measure can we isolate the PC that is being used for remote access by using another firewall?

I am not a firewall expert, but the remote access PC only needs to run one piece of software, which requires 2 ports to run (not sure which ones, but the will not be standard ports). Can we put another firewall in front of this machine and open port 443 (to let the logmein software interact), and then only allow the PC to communicate with the rest of the network with the 2 other ports? (The software will work without logging onto the company network)

Is this possible? The logmein software seems secure, but say the remote user PC was compromised and all the logmein passwords were stolen, we would like to lock down the access PC so that anyone logging into it does not get full access to the LAN (We definitely have no access to there current router/firewall).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Reply to
Andy
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.