IPCop vs WatchGuard® Firebox® X500

Hi,

I've just installed IPCop on a computer. It was pretty easy and straightforward!

Now I'd like to know if IPCop is cabable of doing most what an advanced firewall can do. Let's say the WatchGuard® Firebox® X500.

Among the most advanced things the Firebox can do are (IMHO):

-Deep Application Inspection

-Intrusion Prevention

-Gateway Antivirus

-Web content filtering

-Spam control

Any ideas?

neilsanner

Reply to
neilSanner
Loading thread data ...

"neilSanner" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... Hi,

I've just installed IPCop on a computer. It was pretty easy and straightforward!

Now I'd like to know if IPCop is cabable of doing most what an advanced firewall can do. Let's say the WatchGuard® Firebox® X500.

Among the most advanced things the Firebox can do are (IMHO):

-Deep Application Inspection

-Intrusion Prevention

-Gateway Antivirus

-Web content filtering

-Spam control

Any ideas?

neilsanner

formatting link
it work´s whith ipcop 1.4.6 too. For antivirus
formatting link
. Intrusion Prevention? It is a firewall. "Spam control" don´t run it as a mail server. Regards Anders.

Reply to
Anders

formatting link
, that nice!

Is there a way that IPCop can provide application level security?

neilsanner

Reply to
neilSanner

Is there a way IPCop can detect some trojans or other malware that are working from the inside (the green network) and access the outside world (red network)?

Reply to
neilSanner

X-No-Archive: Yes

In news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, neilSanner typed || Is there a way IPCop can detect some trojans or other malware that || are working from the inside (the green network) and access the || outside world (red network)?

No, that's what you use Zone Alarm and similar for.

You should ask ipcop related questions in the ipcop support forum at

formatting link

Reply to
Robert de Brus

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.