i am unable to connect yahoo & msn messenger but can browse the websites through browser

i am unable to connect yahoo & msn messenger but can browse the websites through browser

I am using my personal computer at home. yesterday trial period of zone alarm is over so i was trying to uninstall zone alarm. After that i tried to install Kerio personal firewall. But it doesnt work properly . So I uninstalled it also.

But in the mean time i observed that i m unable to login to yahoo messenger & MSN messenger.

Does it because zone alram blocked all the ports which r used by yahoo & msn.

I m really bugged with this .. Please any body tell me ..what to do to solve this problem..

Thanks in advance

RP

Reply to
GmailFan
Loading thread data ...

Very good, but installing those is usually the better option.

So why do you wonder about broken network functionality?

Why?

Again: why do you wonder? These software packages are known to be pretty defective.

Could be.

There might be some ways to search for those drivers, delete them and probably repair the NDIS stack. This is complicated and most likely your system is messed up anyway, so flattening and reinstallation is the best choice.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

yes.. i think i need to reinstall everything...but this will take some time..so i want some short way ..to get everything on the track..

Thanks

Reply to
GmailFan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.