Need help with converting old IPFWADM firewall script to iptables

I have a situation and am turning to the community for help. In upgrading a customer's prehistoric Redhat 6.0 sendmail server to FC5, I learned that this machine serves as his corporate firewall in addition to serving mail.

I am not particularly skilled in iptables, being able to modify existing scripts, but I have zero experience with the IPFW stuff. I'm lost, in other words.

Time is a problem; I need to get the conversion accomplished this weekend and will pay to get it done.

If you are interested, please contact me off-list and I will send you the script. I can only offer $50 (via PayPal or whatever) but on the other hand, I wouldn't think that the conversion would take but a few minutes, as there aren't that many unique statements in the script.

Thank you in advance!

Brad snipped-for-privacy@resultstechnology.com

Reply to
Brad Alpert
Loading thread data ...

FCanything isn't something any professional would do to any company! There are a lot of better solutions out there.

Reply to
Robert

Ack! Sorry, not FC5 for the customer (I just installed FC5 on my workstation here and had it on my mind).

The customer has WBEL 4 (unbranded RHEL 4.)

Thanks for catching the mistake.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Alpert

Understandable - ipfwadm is positively ancient. Did you think to try on the regular comp.os.linux.* groups - probably c.o.l.security?

I'm not sure how many people would want to tangle with that. For what it's worth, I used the following when I set up the last firewall with ipfwadm:

man page (author Jos Vos , dated Jul 96).

Firewall-HOWTO Section 7 (Aug 2001, and still "current")

IP-Masquerade-HOWTO Section 3.4.3 (Nov 2005, but still has extensive material)

Net-HOWTO (parts of Section 7.5 - version 1.7.0 from Dec 2000, which may be on the system, but is otherwise hard to find).

Good Luck - especially on Easter Sunday.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

NP Did you happen to get the information you were looking for?

Reply to
Robert

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.