Holy #(*&$#(*(#)!!! Our Chrismtas programme is a HIT!!!

X-No-Archive: Yes

I just checked now to see what is going on with our online radio station, and our programme of Christmas music (when not doing any live programming) is seeing listenership going through the ROOF). We have done Christmas programming before, but what I am seeing now is incredible.

There are connections from proxy sites all over the place, as well as office networks all over the place. Our programme of Christmas music is obviously a smash hit in offices all over the globe.

I am seeing hits coming from countries that are notorious for unsecured proxies, which tells me that people at work are bypassing office firewalls to listen to our Christmas programme. I am seeing a whole slew of connections from proxies in Saudi Arabia and China, that are known for insecure proxies. So someone in your office, right now, could be using one of these insecure proxies in Saudi Arabia, Chna, or Thailand to tune in to our popular programme of Christmas music (when not doing any live programming), right under your nose, and you would have no CLUE to what is going on. I have a feeling that before the holiday season is over, I might well become the WORST NIGHTMARE of a few corporate network admins.

Reply to
Chilly8
Loading thread data ...

Interesting how you keep going on and on and on and on and on...

damned broken records...anyway...

Going on and on about how no one can see what poeple are doing using this 'service', yet YOU seem to know an awfull lot about their activities yourself.

Yeah, real secure.

Oh, PS, you're an idiot. Just in case no one's mentioned it recently.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

X-No-Archive: Yes

Actually, I only know that stuff is coming through proxy. Since Live

365 broadcasts have to launch through the station page, I found a place in the broadcaster comments section, which allows HTML, and dropped a piece of code on my station page, when, just like on the main web page, "pings" StatCounter, and records what IP a connection came from, ISP information, city, state/province, country, screen resolution, operating system and browser.

An INCREDIBLE number of connections are coming from coming from phpProxy sites, housed at colocation centres all over the globe. When matching StatCounter logs to Live 365 geostats, about 70 percent of the listening in the past week has all come from phpProxy sites located all over the globe, and its a good bet those people in offices using phpProxy sites to bypass workplace firewalls.

And many phpProxy sites are now offering an encrypted version of their service, so if someone is using one of those, the boss will NEVER know WHAT they are up to.

Since Live 365 now allows you, once again, to open up a connetion using Windows Media player, it is easy to bypass a filter. When WMP bookmarks the URL, all one has to do is copy that and then past that into any phpProxy site, and they can bypass the filter and connect, which it appears people are doing, based on where 70 percent of my listening has been coming from in the past several days.

Reply to
Chilly8

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.