help checkpoint safe@office 100b, box access

Hi there,

After a couple of days I haven't been able to find it on the net yet. Anyone can tell or point me to how to access this box allegedly reseted to 'factory defaults'?

Thanks in advance Brgds

Reply to
luismi
Loading thread data ...

Did you check the website?

formatting link
and click on Support. A quick search gave me: The Safe@ security appliances are shipped with a default security policy that provides the optium protection for broadband users. You can change the working security policy in two ways.

1. The Safe@ administrator may add security rules in the "my.firewall" administration UI. The "my.firewall" admin interface is accessed by using a Internet Broswer and typing in "my.firewall" in the URL field. The local security modifications will override the embedded security policy settings.
  2. Security policies can be created and delivered by the Check Point SmartCenter with the Safe@ connector add-on. These policies will replace the embedded default security policy.

and; There is no installation procedure in the conventional sense of CD-ROMs or lengthy downloads. Safe@Home comes preinstalled with the broadband modem provided by the customer's Internet Service Provider. The customer only has to click the browser (without even going online), and type at the address bar:

formatting link
will access a simple setup screen, allowing configuration of the Security Gateway. Depending on the type of modem, this address might be different. But the getting-started guide that comes with the modem will explain setup steps. The setup process uses screens embedded into the modem, and these can be accessed at any time to modify or upgrade the settings. Note: The initial default IP address is 192.168.10.1.

Wayne McGlinn Brisbane, Oz

Reply to
Wayne

Sorry, misread your question. Try the following, please note that this will erase all passwords and configurations.

To reset the box to defaults, please do the following:

• Unplug the power cord.
  • Hold the reset button on the back of the box.
  • Plug in the power cord while holding the button until the pwr/sec led is steady red.
  • Leave the reset button for 3 seconds.
  • Press the reset button again for 10 seconds until the pwr/sec led starts blinking red.
  • Reconfigure your box and install certs.

Wayne McGlinn Brisbane, Oz

Reply to
Wayne

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.