Generic Host Process for Win32 Services

XP? Automatic Updates enabled?

It's probably trying to hit windows update. Yesterday was M$ patch Tuesday. There's a couple of patches you might want to install, as there's a good chance of a new worm going after the holes they purport to fix - soon.

Automatic Update uses a system process so it works if you're sensible enough to log on without admin privileges except when you need them.

Triffid

Reply to
Triffid
Loading thread data ...

Hi. I just installed Kerio 2.1.5 and this process (c:\\windows\\system32 \\svchost.exe) keeps trying to connect, even when no application is running. Should I allow this? I've denied so far. No problems noted. Thanks.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Triffid wrote in news:hYk3f.5548$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Yes to your two questions. Thanks for the response.

Reply to
Eric

As a matter of fact, your "Personal Firewall" is confusing you, the user, with idiotic messages. svchost.exe is part of Windows, but it only relays traffic, so the real process, which is communicating, is not shown.

This message is completely useless.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for you, to just stop offering services like

formatting link
and
formatting link
describe, or to use the Windows-Firewall. And better forget "Personal Firewalls".

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.