Free software firewalls I have never heard of before

I thought the cognoscenti used the much older Kerio 2.1.5 which is freeware.

Reply to
Franklin
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
Correction...

According to Kerio's web site, the cutoff date is September 30, 2005.

Notan

Reply to
Notan

There's a free version and a pay version.

Unless Kerio decides to change the pay version, it's stealing, no matter how you rationalize.

Notan

Reply to
Notan

not tried it yet, but it's a 6.2M download. Then again Kerio PF is 7M these days! No wonder they changed the name from Tiny Personal Firewall (that was

Reply to
Mike Jones

Franklin wrote in news:96CE7EC718E7471F3M4@

204.153.244.156:

There is a free "lite" version of Look N Stop on Snapfiles.com. Though as an older version you may not be interested.

Ibn

Reply to
Ibn Battuta

I had asked in the first line of my OP for "freeware". Grrr! :-)

Reply to
Franklin

I thought the cognoscenti used the much older Kerio 2.1.5 which is freeware.

Reply to
Franklin

Just tried it, and it didn't alert when I started IE, nor when I did a av update. It only seems to block certain apps. So I chucked it. I'm sticking with Sygate :)

Art

formatting link

Reply to
Art

Oh man. you're breakin my heart. Well i guess i'll always have rock n roll at least

Reply to
Brett Michaels From Poison

It kinda pisses me off, as I just purchased Personal Firewall in August.

Notan

Reply to
Notan

Sorry, but you can't steal what isn't for sale. ;)

Reply to
Fred

Not the same thing -- my car was never for sale in the first place, and then removed from the market for no reason.

Reply to
Fred

OK, Fred. You come out of your house and find your car missing.

According to your logic, you can't report it stolen, because it wasn't for sale.

Did I miss something?

Notan

Reply to
Notan

If you're gonna make a stupid remarks, I'll play along...

1) Your car's for sale and, for no reason, you decide not to sell it. According to you, someone has the right to steal it. Is that correct? 2) How do you know Kerio removed it from the market for no reason.

Mind you, at this time, I'm not real happy with Query. I paid full price for Personal Firewall, in August, only to find out they're discontinuing the product in September.

Notan

Reply to
Notan

Ooops! That was "... not real happy with Kerio."

Notan

Reply to
Notan

LOL!

Reply to
Mel

For (1) a car is a tangible item but software isn't, so that's the diff.

Reply to
Fred

Software isn't tangible, huh?

Then how do you explain all the software CDs that I own?

Notan

Reply to
Notan

In article , Fred wrote: :For (1) a car is a tangible item but software isn't, so that's the diff.

You posted several days into the conversation and you left out all context. Please recall that readers may not be using threaded newsreaders, and that their server may have expired the article you were replying to (or might not happened to have received the article at all.)

The missing context was a discussion about whether it was acceptable to take items that were "not for sale". Some people had made the distinction about items that had been withdrawn from sale as being fair game. The posting to which you were replying was saying, approximately "Okay, so suppose you had put your car on sale and then withdrew it from sale: does that make it okay to steal your car?"

In your reply, by virtue of qualifying phrases that you did -not- put in, you have removed the layer of distinction about whether the item had ever been offered for sale, and have implied that it is always acceptable to steal anything that is intangible. Or to phrase it in the more common fashion, "How can it be stealing if you still have the original?"

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Software is not a car, which makes it okay. If you can't see that, then that's your loss. End of story as far as I'm concerned (I can see I'm hitting my head against a brick wall here).

Reply to
Fred

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.