Firewall/Nat issues

Hi all,

Can anybody send me the linux/C source code for this problem.

If Client A and Client B are unkowngly behind the NAT(firewall) and if Client A send the request to communicate to B. Then after Crossing the NAT the public IP address will change of A and B both then How we will find by the help of a program that both are lying behind the same NAT/firewall or different NAT/Firewall.

Thanx in advance!!

Ravi

Reply to
ravicse04
Loading thread data ...

In article , wrote: :Can anybody send me the linux/C source code for this problem.

:If Client A and Client B are unkowngly behind the NAT(firewall) and if :Client A send the request to communicate to B. Then after Crossing the :NAT the public IP address will change of A and B both then How we will :find by the help of a program that both are lying behind the same :NAT/firewall or different NAT/Firewall.

If A and B have access to normal socket calls, then they can determine their own local IP and port number. They can send that as data, along with some kind of authentication token. The other end then -attempts- to contact that local IP + port and if the connect attempt succeeds, presents the authentication token, which will be either confirmed or denied.

You need the authentication token in case the address you reach is something else that just -happens- to be listening; also you want to reduce potential Denial of Service and Man In The Middle attacks.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hi,

I think That you are not getting me exactely what I want to say. I have to write the similar type program Like natcheck which is given in different site. By the help of this program I have to find that in WAN two client is behind the same NAT or Two client are behind the different NAT .

Now pls tell me what I have to do. Can you give the design of this program.

Ravi

Walter Robers> > :Can anybody send me the linux/C source code for this problem.

Reply to
ravicse04

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.