fanless 24 port gigabit switch

I'm currently using a Netgear JGS524 gigabit switch that works fine, but I'm trying to reduce fan noise in the office. I want to replace it with a fanless 24 port gigabit switch. The HP ProCurve 1400 looks like a good fit. Any comments on the HP 1400? Any other suggestions?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I don't have any experience with that switch, but since the ventor doesn't use a fan I believe you won't have any particular problem using it. Provided that there is as much space as possible among the devices.

Good luck!

Giorgos

Reply to
geoar75

What makes you think your questions have anything at all to do with firewalls?

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Good question. It was the best fit I could find that receives any traffic, but I'm open to suggestions.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Don't know about traffic, but you could try alt.comp.networking.routers or alt.comp.network.connectivity.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Concerning traffic, alt.comp.network.connectivity would be just fine.

Giorgos

Reply to
geoar75

I don't know how difficult it might be to open the JGS524, but I do know that some of the newer fans are pretty quiet. You might be able to install a quieter fan.

Reply to
buzzard

bad idea you'll be voiding warranties, and a lot of enterprise switches have lifetime warranties (well HP has :D)

although this isn't an enterprise switch

Reply to
goarilla

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.