Comodo Firewall Problem

I tried Comodo Firewall and uninstalled it.Now i get a pop up message in windows xp saying comodo is not turned on and it is annoying.I turned on windows firewall and I still get the message.I looked for any left over files from Comodo and uninstalled them.I can't find any other files on my computer from them.I also tried restoring windows to another day and that didn't work.Any ideas on what I can do?Thanks RH710

Reply to
RH710
Loading thread data ...

Did you check the registry for Comodo entries?

Louise

Reply to
louise

I did and i think i deleted everything.No big deal it's just annoying

Reply to
RH710

in control panel, click security center, and there is an option under firewall you can click to bring up a menu, on that menu you can select 'i monitor my own firewall don't send me notifications' or something like that..

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

just to reiterate.. (just vnc'd to a windows box) open security center, turn windows firewall off, click the recommendations button under firewall, then check the box at the bottom.. 'i have a firewall solution that I'll monitor myself'

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

Check and make sure Comodo is completely gone from your Add/Remove Programs list in Control Panel. Even after installation, Comodo remains on the list, and the system thinks it's still installed even when it isn't. If it is still on the list, click on "Remove." You will then be told that Comodo isn't there, and given the option of removing it from the Add/Remove menu. Click "Yes," Comodo will disappear, and things should be back to normal. This seems to be a bug specific to Comodo, at least in my experiece.

Reply to
Bullseye

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.