Blocking unauthorized remote access

And you don't seem to understand that XNA doesn't stop your posts from showing up, doesn't have to be honored by anyone, and even google has a

6 day period where your posts are available (longer if you know how).

And what about all the replies that show your posts fully quoted.

You don't have any technical skills, no understanding of anything you've typed to date....

Reply to
Leythos
Loading thread data ...

without enforcement, it's only a paper tiger. yea, sure IF one gets caught you get shown the door, but the horse is also already out of the barn.

BUSINESS needs, imo, need VPN solutions for corporate-corporate transactions, and client-corporate access is web based. Client to internal Lan systems is a mindless faux pas to be avoided at all cost.

Reply to
Jeff B

My statement above was meant to imply that the network administrator doesn't do this on their own. There has to be direction and approval from on high.

A lot depends on what else is in that policy, and what the employee has agreed to. At one extreme, if you get caught handing over state secrets to spies from another country, you are most certainly toast, and will be a guest of your countries "correctional" institutions - possibly for the rest of your life (however long or short that may be). Very far down the scale, but still a factor - non-disclosure agreements you may have signed. Break those, and you can be punished in some manner.

"Sensitive" transactions are either encyrpted, or simply do not go over the wire. Transactions that are officially classified go by courier. It's not as if this hasn't been thought out in the past.

Perhaps, but the world wide web us a comparatively new service even when compared to the Internet itself, and is far from the only protocol used.

Not entirely clear what you are saying here. If you mean public (even privileged public) access to the LAN - any serious company has been blocking that since they got Internet access - in case you aren't aware, the _current_ standard for the Internet Protocol (RFC0791) is dated September 1981, and that replaced an earlier standard (RFC0760) dated January 1980. "Inter-networking" (not using the Internet Protocol) goes back a number of years before that - see RFC0602 dated December _1973_ for cautions about outsiders gaining remote access to sensitive computer systems. _Some_ of us got that word then. Some didn't. For perspective, IBM introduced the PC on August 12, 1981 with PC-DOS 1.0, and that device was not _capable_ of networking other than as a remote terminal. If you are an Apple phreak, the Apple I was introduced in 1976 (the ][ came out a year later) - also without networking.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Check your logs and see how many connections you get from Sacramento. One receptionist at the dentist I go to apparently listens to your channel. I curiously asked her what she was doing with headphones on, and she is doing two things. She takes incoming calls on their Skype-In number to schedule appointments, but she apparently uses that same headset to listen to your channel, without the boss knowing about it. She mentioned figure skating, and I knew right away that it had to be you, Chilly. Using the same headset for both means that the Doctor would probably have no clue what was going on.

So check your logs and see how many connections you are getting from Sacramento, and what time of day. It could be the staff at this one dentist's office tuning in to your station. Oh, by the way, they do like the automated music program you have on when you are not broadcasting live. Just thought I would pass that on to you there, Chilly. Seems like your online radio station is starting to pick up a following. Seems like you might be going places there, Chilly.

Reply to
Charles Newman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.