Backup Exec problems with client using Sygate...................Anyone know the answer?

I have a couple of XP laptops with Sygate loaded on them. I can't for the life of me backup them up. I think it's Sygate that's causing it but I'm not 100% sure. I've tried setting Sygate to allow all traffic to and from the Backup Exec server from both laptops but to no avail. The servers show up in the BE remote server list but cannot browse the laptops with any of the admin accounts.

Anybody else gone through the same thing?? Thanx.

Reply to
Anonymous
Loading thread data ...

Sincere condolences.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Don't need your feeble attempt. I figure out the problem.

Reply to
Boll Weevil

I bet, you didn't. You're problem is you "Personal Firewall", which you don't need at all.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

You guessed wrong buddy. I got it workin.

Reply to
Boll Weevil

Maybe you could share what you did so that the rest of the community could benefit from your experience - btw, I ignore anything out of VB as he seems to be one of those types that needs meds frequently, but forgets to take them.

Reply to
Leythos

I think you're right. I got Backup Exec to backup the XP client using Sygate by disabling Sygate's "intrusion detection" in the Security options. It is turned on by default.

Reply to
Boll Weevil

So, turning off all intrusion detection was your solution? Are you pleased with that?

Your probably likely was the particular intrusion called "remote registry access" or similar, because most back up software will do that, and over the internet that would be an attack.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.