NewB help

Helped a buddy reinstall Norton after it whacked out.

He has dialup service, and Norton's updates will take over an hour or so at that speed, his ISP kicks them off after an hour if no activity, and he forgets to refresh a browser page, so back to square one. :\

Could I bring his box over to my cable connection thru a Linksys BEFW11S4 router plug in a lan cable to it and get his updates without a lot of "gotchas" Both boxes run Win XP home.

I'm hoping that's all that I'd need do; plug and pray.

Thanks Mark

Reply to
pheasant
Loading thread data ...

In article , pheasant wrote: :Helped a buddy reinstall Norton after it whacked out.

:He has dialup service, and Norton's updates will take over an hour or so at :that speed, his ISP kicks them off after an hour if no activity, and he :forgets to refresh a browser page, so back to square one. :\

:Could I bring his box over to my cable connection thru a Linksys BEFW11S4 :router plug in a lan cable to it and get his updates without a lot of :"gotchas"

Yes, likely that would work well.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

It did. Thank you!! :)

Reply to
pheasant

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.