Chassis With Plug In Four Port GigE Switches?

Does any vendor make 2U to 3U enclosure that would take four port 10/100 or gigE copper switches that are totally isolated from each other? I really do not want to A) hassle with or B) pretend to trust, VLANs on a larger switch. I don't have the time to configure them properly; don't really understand the subtleties of how they can break; and constantly am reading about firmware bugs that pass traffic across VLANs. My application is a firewall, and I have very simple, sparsely populated subnets off each port of the firewall that I would like to share on small four port switches. I just don't want to deal with 10 separate switches all dangling loosely on a rack tray.

In terms of physical appearance, I would prefer something that looks similar to what Allied Telesyn and other media converters sell for their external enclosures:

formatting link
I'm expecting power from backplane and not much else.

Does the simple product I describe exist?

Reply to
Will
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.