Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Map external IP (PPPoE) to internal IP
I have 5 static IP's from SBC: 76.190.10.1 76.190.10.2 76.190.10.3 76.190.10.4 76.190.10.5 Mask 255.255.255.248 GW: 76.190.10.6 My equipment is: 1) Cisco PIX 501, 2) Sppedstream 4100 (in bridge mode)...

%SPANTREE-7-BLOCK_PORT_TYPE:
We have a core 4506 switch with 2 WS-X4306-GB and a supervisor II+. All distribution switches connect via fiber to the GBIC slots. On one GBIC slot, the fiber goes to a netscreen firewall. the...

ISDN connected log question
Hi! Does someone know what it means when I see something like a MAC-address in the ISDN-connected log? %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface BRI0:1 is now connected to 0123456789 00b0.e800.793c Thanks. Chris

Cisco adds mobility to unified comms
Cisco has unveiled the next release of its Unified Communications portfolio, with highlights including the addition of mobile phones to the range of devices supported, thanks to the incorporation of...

cisco routers and ip spoofing
Hello, I am setting up two cisco 2621 routers. I am new to cisco routers but I have read the manuals. Is there anything special I have to do to prevent ip spoofing? i.e. preventing spoofed packets...

I need Help tracking down where packets are being dropped..
I'm looking for a way to see traffic that is being dumped on a PIX VPN Connection. I have Syslog set up to log all incoming packets and Denys and that is working, though it does not seem to be logging...

RSTP info on proposal
Hi, Need help to understand if the proposal will be sent if there is no change in the port role when there is change in the root bridge. I have three switches connected like this....

Adding an additional route to a PIX 525?
I have a PIX 525 (172.16.1.181/16) that serves as the default gateway for a bunch of client machines. I also have a site-to-site VPN connected for access to a remote office, it's local IP is...

Cisco announces a new subnetting game for CCNA seekers
Hi all, A subnetting game is the latest Cisco announcement, take a look on the screenshots (I had to reduce the size of the photos because of the page size): Cisco announces a new subnetting game for...

Cisco 1801, VPN and routing problem.
Hi to all... I need a little help with a problem... My situation is as follow: There is a central office, with a isa server that filter the internet traffic, and a branch office without a server. Due...

Odd behavior in a DMZ
Has anyone ever experienced this kind of behavior on a network segment that is actually a DMZ off of a PIX. Pinging between the 3 devices on this same segment is erratic. I thought it had to do with...

disable telnet server in cisco router?
Hello, I am not used to working with cisco 26XX series routers. Is there an easy way to turn off the telnet server? I have read the manuals and it looks like the easiest way is to write an access...

VPN 3005 to IAS authentication failure...
Hello, Getting the following error when trying to authenticate VPN 3005 to IAS box. userid and password are correct. Any suggestions? Help please! Need some advice here. Have VPN up and running with...

Adding Route to net on Far side of VPN?
How do you either use EIGRP on a PIX and pass the route over the VPN, or add static routes to networks over a VPN link? Traffic from 10.1.x.y is fine to/from 10.2.6.1 I cant hit 10.6.0.X from 10.1.0.x...

Multicast on LAN
Sounds too easy. Would I need a Rendezvous Point on the core? Should I enable CGMP and IGMP on all switches?