Xyplex double carriage returns when using tftp

I have a Xyplex 110 and a 1600 that I want to use as a terminal server for my Cisco study lab and have managed to get them to boot from tfpt but I keep getting a double carriage return on my device telnet screens

Any help appreiated Drop the ZZZ to reply

Cheers ...

Reply to
Chris_D
Loading thread data ...

I've seen this before but it wasn't related to doing tftp. It was the telnet session itself that was hosed.

When you press the enter button, a Windows client normally sends CR+LF. When you press the enter button, a Unix client normally sends CR. I don't remember all of the details, but the LF seemed to give the Xyplex trouble and caused all sorts of weird things (the output would be hosed after pressing enter).

I seem to recall a command that was supposed to resolve this in the Xyplex. Use this link:

formatting link
and look at the "set/def port x telnet newline y" and "set/def port x telnet newline filtering y" commands on pages 274 and 275.

But to be honest, I don't think I ever got those commands to work the correct way I needed them to, so I ended up always telnetting from a Unix client. Also, from a Windows client, if you press the enter button on the keypad (as opposed to the enter button on the main keyboard part), then the Windows client will only send a CR.

Good luck!

Reply to
BSD Johnson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.