Up Arrow

I've a number of Cisco routers in our lab and I am experiencing a problem I don't know how to fix.

When you hit the up arrow on a number of our routers, it is supposed to pull up the most recent command. Instead, it gives a partial line, a non-text non-numeric character and a carriage return, which executes a command that doesn't make any sense.

Any idea what is causing this?

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson
Loading thread data ...

Hi Fred,

It sounds to me like the TERMINAL S/W you are using is generating an UP arrow key sequence that is not compatible with the Cisco command line. I would suggest that you change the Terminal emulation to something like VT100. If it is already set to VT100, then check that it has not been modified in the Terminal Emulator.

Good luck...............pk.

Reply to
Peter

Peter,

I think you are probably on the right track.

I tried changing Hyperterminal to VT100. It didn't correct the problem. But since changing it involved typing in a correction ('VT100' rather than a drop down or similar), I'm not comfortable that the change was actually made.

As an alternative, I'm going to try using Hypertermainl Special Edition and see if that works.

Will let you know what the outcome is.

Regards,

Fred Atkinson

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.