Understanding VLANs on Cisco gear

thus P.Schuman spake:

i saw it differently; however, those vendors who do care after sales are called 'communists' by their competitors. (yep, i like them :)

but it's true. if you don't pay at least 100,000 bucks per annum they don't give a shit. i heard it from two of their sales engineers.

again, this is why my BGP gear is based on OpenBSD.

you can get 'basic support' -- where an engineer pops up when you call them because a PSU of a 4500 or 6500 broke and he'll tell you 'hey, that power supply doesn't work'. great.

okay, you know whois(1). but: this is my private fun stuff, not my employers' :)

wbr,

timo

Reply to
Timo Schoeler
Loading thread data ...

Normally cisco sells via resellers in Europe, although you can get SmartNet contracts anywhere aUS company can send an engineer (which are much more about hardware swap).

AFAIK the only exceptions are users that insist otherwise (which often means they dont get good support since Cisco seems to only be set up for direct sales in the US), or are US based, or a telco (which probably equates to more like $1m / yr+)

and they check up with the reseller customers to make sure that the reseller looks after their customers, has support staff, CCIEs and so on.

And if the reseller consistently does badly on the feedback they will lose accreditation = discount, access to TAC etc - which means their Cisco business just goes away.

Reply to
stephen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.