Traffic-shaping traffic with precedence 2

Hi,

I have a link and traffic from USA enters the network via this link (together with traffic from Europe). Traffic from USA is marked with precedence 2. I want to throttle certain IP ranges to only use a certain amount of traffic that comes in with precedence 2, but am encountering problems.

This is the config I have so far

class-map match-all precedence2 match ip precedence 2 class-map match-all client-128-int match ip precedence 2 match access-group 110 !

policy-map international class precedence2 set ip precedence 2 class client-128-int shape average 128000 class class-default set ip precedence 0

on interface s0/2 I try to activate it as follows service-policy input international.

The policy does not seem to activate, when I issue sh run and look at the configs of int s0/2 I dont see the service policy. When I remove "class-map match-all client-128-int match ip precedence 2" from the service policy and re-apply to int s0/2 I can see it in the config and sh policy-map int s0/2 also returns results.

Am I doing something wrong?

Reply to
tpdasilva
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I have a link and traffic from USA enters the network via this link (together with traffic from Europe). Traffic from USA is marked with precedence 2. I want to throttle certain IP ranges to only use a certain amount of traffic that comes in with precedence 2, but am encountering problems.

This is the config I have so far

class-map match-all precedence2 match ip precedence 2 class-map match-all client-128-int match ip precedence 2 match access-group 110 !

policy-map international class precedence2 set ip precedence 2 class client-128-int shape average 128000 class class-default set ip precedence 0

on interface s0/2 I try to activate it as follows service-policy input international.

The policy does not seem to activate, when I issue sh run and look at the configs of int s0/2 I dont see the service policy. When I remove "class-map match-all client-128-int match ip precedence 2" from the service policy and re-apply to int s0/2 I can see it in the config and sh policy-map int s0/2 also returns results.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanx in advance Tony

Reply to
tpdasilva

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.