SX Gig fiber 4506 to Juniper firewall

I got a Gig Fiber SX interface going from a 4506 to a juniper firewall also with a

Reply to
tony
Loading thread data ...

I got a Gig Fiber SX interface going from a 4506 to a juniper firewall also with a GBIC SX interface.

on the gbic interface I have

interface GigabitEthernet2/1 spanning-tree bpduguard disable spanning-tree link-type point-to-point !

However I am not getting a link what is going on? I know its not the hardware because its working on an asante switch

Reply to
tony

Are you sure 'tx'/'rx' fibre are around the right way. Do a 'sh int' to check the link wasn't put into 'err disable' state at some stage.

Reply to
BernieM

Reply to
tony

If it's spannning-tree it will show up running "debug spanning-tree events" ... run that debug before bringing the interface back up. Also check for an 'err disable' or some other state after it's gone down.

I'm not familar with Juniper port configs. What's available to configure at that end.

Reply to
BernieM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.