VPN Client is not working. Strange VPN Adapter behavior.

I am working with an ASA running 8.x and a Cisco VPN client running

4.6.03.0021. The client connects fine (passes phase 1 and phase2 and traffic flows downstream of the ASA which I have sniffed. It appears as though the traffic it not returned to the client as all sessions timeout.

I have other clients using this same profile without issue. It appears that the clients having the problem all have the following in common:

Physical NIC IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Cisco Systems VPN Adapter IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.16.1.25 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.240 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.16.1.25

You will notice that the Cisco VPN Adapter is given an IP Address and Mask from the ASA via a configured address pool, but you will notice that virtual adapter is using the same IP address for its interface and gateway.

I have other Cisco VPN client running version 3.6.x and 5.x that do not have this issue. I ruled out the common issues NAT-T, MTU, etc.

I was hoping some one could confirm or deny whether this IP addressing issue may be the culprit and whether this is a known issue for this version of the client. My search of Cisco Bugtraq show no.

Reply to
dnash
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.