slow VPN

Hi, I've got a GRE tunnel across the internet, end devices are both cisco

2600's with wic-1adsl, it's pppoATM. The problem is that I only get about half the badwidth through the link that I'd excpect. If I upload data for several hours it goes at 120k, but I can upload to the internet at 250 ish.

Here's the config below, any suggestions? memory and cpu seem to be fine.

ip address 10.255.0.1 255.255.255.252 ip mtu 1408 ip hello-interval eigrp 10 60 ip hold-time eigrp 10 600 ip tcp adjust-mss 1200 tunnel source Dialer2 tunnel destination 84.*.*.* tunnel key 77056 tunnel protection ipsec profile ISC_IPSEC_PROFILE_1

crypto isakmp policy 3 authentication pre-share group 2 crypto isakmp key *********** address 84.*.*.* ! crypto ipsec security-association lifetime seconds 10000 ! crypto ipsec transform-set ISC_TS_1 esp-3des esp-sha-hmac ! crypto ipsec profile ISC_IPSEC_PROFILE_1 set transform-set ISC_TS_1

It's essentially the same config at both sides.

Regards

Reply to
Robin Peters
Loading thread data ...

What version of 2600? XM or the older model. Do you have an onboard encryption card?

I ran a 70+ site GRE VPN us> Hi, I've got a GRE tunnel across the internet, end devices are both cisco

Reply to
Nick

Hi Nick,

One of them is a 2600xm and the other the older type. Neither has an encryption card. Maybe just a limitation eh? I've just downgraded it from

3des to des and the results look pretty much the same... but then to be expected as there were no cpu issues anyway.

Ah well.

Reply to
Robin Peters

Reply to
Nick

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.