S.O.S "VMware"

Hi guys, i am running call manager 4.1 on a VMware, i can ping the physical server but can not ping the VMware running windows 2000.

Reply to
Andy
Loading thread data ...

Hi guys,

i am running call manager 4.1 on a VMware, i can ping the physical server but can not ping the VMware running windows 2000. It was working fine before i restart the phisical server. The VMware is able to ping only the physical server running on.

Regards, Andy

Reply to
Andy

I'm a bit unclear as to your setup -- is Win2k your host OS or your guest? I'll assume you're running CCM on a guest (virtual) Windows box since, IIRC, 5.0 was the first Linux release of CCM. I'll also assume that your host OS is Linux since you're less likely to have that issue with a Windows host.

My guess is that permissions on your vmnet interfaces were set manually and were lost during the reboot. Since bridging requires an interface to run in promiscuous mode, VMware defaults their virtual interfaces to read/write only for root. Try adding appropriate group permissions to all your vmnet devices and if that fails, check the VMTN discussion forums for more help with VMware.

Most folks here can probably advise you on CCM itself, however. I've read that the 5.0 release runs native under Linux now but they've changed the licensing requirements a bit -- most likely due to the rise in popularity of VoIP and competition from other vendors and free products like Asterix.

formatting link

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

Hi Gary,

I am new into VMware, so i am really sorry if i was not able to make it clear. I did find the problem, bu fist my setup is like this:

- I am running on the host windows 2000 server

- I am running a windows 2000 virtual image with the Callmanager on top

The problem was in the bridge, and the solution was, for me to disconnect the host from the network when i boot the host , until the VMware machine is up, then the host and the VMware will bridge together and all works fine.

I am gunna upgrade the VMware Workstation version, maybe it will solve the problem.

Regards, Andy

Reply to
Andy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.