Routing between Eth0 and Eth1 on Cisco 1605r

Hi

I'm new to cisco routers, I have an ISDN 1605r and I am trying to set it up to route two different networks (192.168.0.0 and 192.192.192.0). I have assigned the addresses and can ping each address of each port. Thats as far as I have managed...

Please could somebody tell me how I can enable routing between the two networks? I would like to enable HTTP and DNS but at the mo I can't even ping each adapter address from the other...

Thanks for your help !!

Reply to
greenleef
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

Assigning both interfaces ip addresses and enabling "ip routing" should do the trick. Make sure that hosts on either side of the router have a route to the other network installed. This can be done either via a default-gateway, specific route-entry or via other routers on the network that know how to get to the network behind the 1605r. A tip; don't start playing with access-lists until you know basic connectivity has been establised.

Regards,

Erik

Reply to
Erik Tamminga

Can you show us the config? It would be helpful to help you.

-as

Reply to
aservin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.