Routing a 2 Vlan from 2960G

Hello all,

I am wondering if it is possible to have 2 VLANS on a Ciscoo 2960G switch and route them seperatly?

OK here is the setup. I have a wireless access point that is to be for public internet access, but it still goes thru our physical network. I have a total of 3 VLANs on the 2960 switch. 1 is for mamagment, one is for normal network traffice and the third is for this Access point. I am trying using the VLAN for the access point to seperate the wireless access point from our normal network traffic.

Is this a reasonable thing to try to do?

Thank you for any imput

Daryl

Reply to
baron1211
Loading thread data ...

Hello all,

I am wondering if it is possible to have 2 VLANS on a Ciscoo 2960G switch and route them seperatly?

OK here is the setup. I have a wireless access point that is to be for public internet access, but it still goes thru our physical network. I have a total of 3 VLANs on the 2960 switch. 1 is for mamagment, one is for normal network traffice and the third is for this Access point. I am trying using the VLAN for the access point to seperate the wireless access point from our normal network traffic.

Is this a reasonable thing to try to do?

Thank you for any imput

Daryl

Reply to
baron1211

You can create both vlans and use access lists and other layer 3 filtering to limit traffic. Or you can use policy based routing to keep them completely separate and ensure each source vlan uses a different default gateway, etc. I'm not sure PBR is available on a

2960, else you may need a router.
Reply to
Trendkill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.