Restricting traffic on CatOS

You may want to investigate the Cisco CatOS Configuration Conversion Tool:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com
Loading thread data ...

I have a 6513 running hybrid mode. I need to restrict a particular VLAN so only sip and rtp traffic can talk to it. I've never done anything like that on CatOS, can someone help me out?

Reply to
ESM

Reply to
Patrick O'Sullivan

First, build the ACL this way:

set security acl ip permit (etc) make sure you have a permit ip any any at the end....in that way it's like IOS. Next, commit the acl like so: commit security acl

Then, map the acl to the vlans you want to filter like so:

set security acl map

That should do it! hope this helps.

Reply to
roahboah

I misspoke - Don't put a permit ip any any if you want to restrict it to SIP and RTP! sorry!

Reply to
roahboah

Both sides.

Reply to
ESM

I know how to do it in IOS, I'm trying to do it in CatOS. This doesn't go IOS -> CatOS.

Reply to
ESM

Thanks, that was the info on needed. One last question, do CatOS ACL's need a deny ip any any at the end of the ACL or is it implied and would only be stated for consistancy?

Reply to
ESM

Pretty sure it's implied - the same as IOS ACLs.

Reply to
roahboah

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.