questions about upgrading old 2611 to 12.3

I've got an old 2611 with 11.something on it that I've only ever used for periodic testing stuff. I'm thinking about upgrading the memory and software and using it as a NAT/VPN/firewall device, but I'm not real active with Cisco and I can't quite figure out if the usable feature sets will give me what I'm looking for. I can't even get to the configurator tools without a CCO account, so I'm hoping somebody can help me figure this out.

Is the PPTP code in 12.3 IP base package? Does the PPTP stuff support client and server modes (eg, connect to a remote Win2003 PPTP box, and allow XP clients to connect back to the cisco, simultaneously)?

Is SSH v2 in the 12.3 IP base package or will I need to look at one of the security flavors (keep in mind that 2600 has max of 32 MB RAM).

I assume that the firewall features will work with this kind of stuff, if the stuff itself works?

Anything else I should keep in mind?

Thanks

Reply to
eric.hall
Loading thread data ...

Hi Eric,

You may find the Cisco IOS Software Selector Tool helpful ( no CCO login required ).

formatting link
The Cisco IOS Software Selector finds the right Cisco IOS software and the amount of memory you need to run the Cisco IOS features you want to run on your Cisco platform.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.