Redunant link and BGP

I have 2 locations that use MLPPP (4.5 meg). I am adding a p2p T1 as a redundant back up link. The p2p will use 1841's at both ends. The primary network is MPLS using BGP as routing protocol. What I have designed for is the primary cicuit goes down at one of these locations the traffic will need to route to the secondary link (p2p). I was thinking of using HSRP even though I do not have any experience with that protocol but from what I read and understand this should be suffient. Also the seconday link will be used for database replication that is not to go through the primary link I would use an ACL for that traffic. As for advertising the secondary link I would have BGP redistribute the static route with a metric set to 2.

I beleive when the primary link comes back up that BGP will converge and start routing back to the primary link.

Any thoughts or ideas of a better way using the same equipmnet?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
larkspur
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.