Quiet fans for the Cisco equipment

Hello,

Some times ago I saw here a discussion about replacement the original fans in Cisco equipment by third-paty quiet fans. But I can't found the traces of this discussion in the archives. Could somebody send me to this topic or to advise me where I can bay these fans on-line or who is a producer and (if you know) the refernce of these fans. Exactly I need to replace the fans in catalyst 5960 and in the PIX-515.

Thank you!

WBR, FROLOV Victor

Reply to
Victor Frolov
Loading thread data ...

Hi Victor,

We can quote a repair on your 2 units, however, we will NOT sell the fans individually:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. It is not repairing of the units, it's just improving the hardware used at my home lab. At any case I'm not sure what you work in France.

My question is, exactly, about third-part producers' fans, compatibal with fans installed in Cisco hardware. And I'm sure what I saw a discussion on this subject here some time ago.

WBR, Victor

w> Hi Victor, w> w> We can quote a repair on your 2 units, however, we will NOT sell the w> fans individually: w> w>

formatting link
w> Sincerely, w> w> Brad Reese w>
formatting link
FROLOV Victor

Reply to
Victor Frolov

There was a semi-recent discussion about asking for any replacement fans available in an A/V center to quiet the noise, and the replies were mostly put the gear into a ventilated closet, or duct it directly off the back of the unit.

There's not going to be any hardware that is made to replace somebody elses fans in a chassis. You may be able to find something quieter, but you'll have to be redoing the wire harness on it at the very minimum.

Cisco gear isn't designed to be quiet. Its designed to move air through quickly in a data center environment or a closet. The speed of the air through is more noise than the fan itself.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.